An educational consultant is a skilled professional who provides counseling to help students and families choose a school, college or other program that is a good personal match: one that will foster the studentís academic and social growth. Educational consultants can provide a student and family with individual attention, firsthand knowledge of hundreds of educational opportunities and a plan for pursuing the best options for that student.
- School-based counselors most often have very large caseloads and cannot focus solely on college admission.
- The college admission process has become highly competitive.
- Students need individual, one-on-one guidance and direction in the college application process.
- Students feel overwhelmed by the college application process and do not know where to begin.
- Students need help organizing themselves during the college application process which can be difficult to navigate.
Educational consultants spend significant time researching and visiting colleges and universities.